Friday, May 25, 2007

Social bookmarking - an introduction

Before I ended my study session tonight, I decided to explore a little in del.icio.us. I had never heard of it until I read the LIS 2600 syllabus. I didn't bookmark anything; I just looked around in the help section and then did a few searches.

This is so interesting! For example, the director of my library wants to begin a staff wiki. I found a best practices site on the topic. I also looked for information on library performance evaluations, which, believe it or not, have never been done in a formal way where I work.

For fun, I found sites about the guitarist Phil Keaggy. (There's an old rumor that Jimi Hendrix replied "I don't know, you'll have to ask Phil Keaggy" when he was asked on a talk show about how it felt to be the best guitarist in the world. Another variation attributes the quote to Eric Clapton. Phil Keaggy doesn't think either story is true.)

No comments: