Thursday, June 7, 2007

Firefox Fixed (Or, My Brother to the Rescue)

On June 1, I wrote about my inability to access the university's digital library while using Firefox as my browser. My wonderful brother logged in to my computer remotely and discovered that although I had the latest Java update installed, Firefox did not like the fact that old versions were still lurking. Once he removed them, all was well. The Host Checker stopped its never-ending "check" and finally got down to business. What a relief when I finally saw that I was getting access! (For some reason, the old Java versions did not cause a problem in Explorer.)

Thank goodness for a brother who works in IT all day and still has the patience to help me with my computer!

It's time to get up and stretch. I've been sitting in front of this computer for almost four hours.

No comments: