Friday, June 29, 2007

Taking a Quick Break to Complain

We were told to use this blog to vent, so here goes. This has been a rotten week (except for going to ALA).

I'm behind in my reading and have a paper due by the end of the day on Monday. On top of that, I have to participate in an online discussion (Hot Topic) by noon on Sunday. There's a quiz for the technology class on Monday. I have to blog again tomorrow to meet my three per week requirement. Somewhere, I thought I read that two classes in this program would not have assignments due on the same day, but there's no time to try to find that again. Maybe it was wishful thinking.

I'm using vacation days today and Monday for coursework. It's a good thing I'm in charge of staff scheduling at my library. When I've used up all of my comp time, maybe I should consider going from full-time to part-time. A few hours less per week might make a difference. As Head of Circ, though, I don't want to get behind at work!

I'm not able to stay up as late at night as I did in undergrad school, which was a long time ago. I feel like a cold might be trying to catch up with me.

Finally, I took my mother to three different doctors this week and missed work for two of the appointments. I sit in on her appointments with her now, so I don't get much reading done. I had Life Alert installed in her apartment today in case my brother can't get home to stay with her while I'm away for an on-campus visit. Fortunately, she is doing well. I'm very blessed to still have her after a number of medical crises in recent years.

I was disappointed that I could only take her out for dinner tonight on her 76th birthday. I spent the rest of the day on classwork. We usually go out for the day. She didn't mind, of course. I'll make it up to her during the semester break.

I also missed my best friend's birthday party last Saturday because of my library schedule, and, you guessed it, coursework.

I enjoy the content of my classes very much but I'm getting tired of rushing through everything. I am still in awe of my classmates who have children. How do they do it?

Enough of this. Tomorrow will be better (or maybe not).

No comments: