Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Almost Time to Travel

On Friday, I'll stop sitting in front of my computer and will instead sit behind the wheel for about six hours and drive to the university campus for a required visit. I'm looking forward to this (the visit, not the driving) for a number of reasons. For one thing, it will be great to meet the people that I know only from the course discussion boards and lecture videos. I was told by friends who take online courses that personalities come through on the DBs, and it's true. My cohort members, professors, and teaching assistant are all friendly, helpful people, and I'm looking forward to spending time with them.

Getting ready for this experience is a challenge. I've had a lot to do at work in preparation for being away for more than a week, and I still have a lot of reading to do for Understanding Information. I wanted to have my car with me, but now I wonder if I should have bought a plane ticket so I wouldn't lose all that reading time.

Also, I'm very concerned about my weekly assignments for the technology course. I'm keeping up, but will I be able to finish this week's installment before I leave? I need my laptop for it, and we've been told not to bother bringing laptops. Does that mean that the assignment is not really due until after we return home and that the time frames are only guidelines? Our professor and teaching assistant have been strangely silent this week. I think they're watching and waiting as we figure these things out for ourselves within our class.

No comments: