Sunday, July 29, 2007

The End is Near

I'll have finished one semester of grad school by the end of this week. Hooray! It has been very challenging in terms of time management but very stimulating. I really do enjoy being a student again. My coworkers who said that the courses would be a breeze because I "already know it all" after years of library experience were wrong. I have been living in my own little corner of the world; apart from sharing a little of my experience in online discussions, everything has been new!

Here's my partial "to do" list for the three weeks between semesters. (Unfortunately, I can't take any time off from work!):
  • Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
  • Spend time with my niece and nephew. I miss them so much!
  • Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
  • Take my mother on the day trip she should have had on her birthday in June.
  • Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
  • Have dinner with a friend who celebrated a milestone birthday earlier this month. (You know who you are!)
  • Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
  • Figure out how to fully staff my library on Saturdays in September with two fewer people until we hire and train.
  • Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
  • Practice with PowerPoint.
  • Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.

Well, you get the idea.

No comments: