Saturday, July 28, 2007

Technical Difficulties

Before I left for my on-campus visit, I was rather pleased with the images I had placed on my personal home page. I had been surprised by how easy it was for me to move the images from their sources to my page. HA! I knew it was too easy. In the discussion board, I learned that by simply copying an image location and pasting it into Kompozer, I was using the original page's bandwidth. Instead, I should save the images in a folder of my own before using them. This was confirmed when I checked with my brother, my personal consultant for all of these things! (I still think that I was following the instructions in Kompozer's help section when I did it my way.)

I deleted my images. That made it look like I hadn't been working on my page, so I added a note about my need to redo this in the discussion thread that would be seen by my professor.

Anyway, it took me a long time last night to get this right. I finally succeeded. Now it's time to find out why the RSS feed that I inserted hasn't updated!

No comments: