Thursday, July 5, 2007

First Online Quiz

I took a quiz online for the first time on Tuesday morning (for Introduction to Information Technologies). The experience was a bit nerve-wracking - because of technology itself, not the content of the quiz. Before I turned on the computer, I noticed that the cable modem lights were not "right." I decided to wait a little before trying to reset. I used the time to continue to review. What if I didn't get an Internet connection in time? The computers at the closest public library are on the same network as the library where I work. The so-called "speed" is often incredibly slow. Whose computer could I borrow this morning? I calmed down, and the lights returned.

I had been merrily clicking on "save" after finishing each question. All of a sudden, the screen froze. Now what? Again, I decided to calm down and wait. Finally, I was able to continue to work.

When I checked the course announcements during my dinner break at work that evening, I learned that some people had been unable to submit their tests. I put myself in their places and realized that my morning had been relatively good! Our professor made adjustments for the problems, of course.

Now I just have to wait for my grade!

No comments: