Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Blessings

I received a card from my best friend yesterday. It has a butterfly on the front with the words "Flitter, Flutter, not a care...hope today will take you there!" Paul's words from Phillippians 4:19 are also included: "You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need..." (The Message).

She knows how difficult it has been to complete my assignments on time, work full-time, and take care of my mother. So far, I don't get much sleep, but things are going rather well.

I haven't been able to see my friend since the week before the beginning of the term; we haven't even called or e-mailed each other much. We're both so busy.

However, I think she senses that I'm getting very anxious about the long drive to the campus on Friday. I'm going to keep her card on the seat beside me and then in my pocketbook as I go through the on-campus experience.

She is such a blessing.

No comments: