Saturday, July 7, 2007

Online LIS

I've been meaning to share this article about studying for my MLIS online. Even though I'm sleep deprived, I feel that I chose the right program. I don't feel the sense of isolation that the author describes. In fact, classmates' postings on the various discussion boards are very helpful. I'm looking forward to meeting other people when we meet on-campus for a week. This is a great component of the program.

The teacher/trainer in me wants to help others via the DB far more than I have been. Hopefully, this will be possible as I get more experience with the technology. I have a big fear of leading someone astray with wrong information right now. I need to be more confident. Also, by the time I near the completion of an assignment (usually on the due date!), I assume that no one needs any more help!

The Online LIS Experience - 4/15/2007 - Library Journal

No comments: